Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute. Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy. (Proverbs 31:8-9)
There are people in the world who are as good as mute, because the world doesn’t care much for them. The world at times speaks but only in bits and pieces. So, these suffer for many years with no respite. We are to speak up for such people. We are to pray for such people. And so, it’s time to bring to your mind the nation of Uganda in Africa in this regard. Formerly a British Protectorate and then ruled by its own resident dictator Idi Amin after it’s independence, things have kept going wrong for this nation.
Filled with corruption and violence, this place is not recommended for travel by the UK (click here for the warning). And the U.S. goverment warning is more direct : “The U.S. government rates Uganda as high threat for terrorism. The potential for terrorist activity from extremist organizations such as al-Shabaab exists in Uganda and the region. Uganda contributes troops to the African Union Mission in Somalia and al-Shabaab has consistently threatened attacks inside Uganda in retaliation. U.S. citizens are routinely advised to avoid high-density public gatherings. U.S. citizens travelling to the Karamoja region in northeastern Uganda should be aware of ongoing conflict and armed banditry in this region.” (click here for the source)
There been instances of ethnic cleansing, human trafficking and slavery in Uganda by various groups such as the Lord’s Resistance Army and even there are allegations that the government soldiers also do the same. Ethnic cleansing for those who don’t know, means the murder of large groups of people having similar ethnic background or orientation.
This could also be called as genocide in Uganda
Even more scary are the reports of cannibalism in Uganda. Crazy as it sounds, there is no law prohibiting cannibalism (eating of human flesh) in Uganda.
The International community is more concerned with immoral choices being available in Uganda instead of curbing the violence over there. That’s a recipe for disaster on the moral front.
Uganda profile – Timeline (via BBC)
Here are the prayer points that you can pray for Uganda though you can also add in whatever the Holy Spirit brings to your mind when praying:
- Pray that there is regard for human life in Uganda.
- That cannibalism is kicked out of Uganda.
- That sexual immorality is not condoned in Uganda and it is corrected ethically and humanely.
- Pray that the counterfeit movement and organization knows as the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) is totally purged out from Uganda. Also that those innocent men, women and children held captive illegally by the LRA are exposed.
- Pray for the immediate capture of the LRA’s vile leaders especially Joseph Kony.
- Pray for those who were maimed and disfigured by the LRA. Also for those sexually abused by the LRA. That they are healed in body, mind and spirit.
- Pray for those children who are brainwashed into murdering others by the LRA. That no more kids keep getting into the hate cult and other such kids keep getting rescued. Pray for the overall innocence and safety of the children of Uganda.
- Pray that all other cults and hate movements and terror groups such as the al-Shabaab experience failure and the people of God keep winning against them.
- Pray that all forms of human trafficking are strongly stopped by the government and police at all levels.
- Pray that Uganda People’s Defence Force’s which is their standing army acts ethically even as they try to protect their nation and surrounding nations who too are affected by the LRA and other insurgent groups. Pray that every instance of war crimes is not allowed in the Uganda People’s Defence Force and everyone negatively affected by them is given justice against those who harmed them.
- Pray that the corruption in Uganda is reduced and removed systematically from all of the nation at every level government and judiciary as well.
- Pray that the preachers in Uganda only preach the true Gospel and do not fall prey to faulty human traditions which are incorrectly given status as the Bible.
- Pray that the Ugandan Christians experience the peace that comes from Jesus Christ.
- Pray for unity and peace among Christians of various denominations in Uganda.
- Pray that strongholds of false traditions which try to undermine the Christian faith are exposed and defeated in Uganda
- That all of Uganda’s infrastructure is kept safe and secure.
- Pray that there is no misuse of the nation’s resources by any form of corruption in the government, military etc in Uganda
- Pray for good, moral and effective leaders for Uganda.
- Pray that only the correct nations send help in terms of food, medicines, humanitarian and military aid. Also, that those countries which are over zealously neutral towards the atrocities and corruption being carried out in Uganda are woken up from their sleep and made to act in the right manner.