And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire. And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame than with two feet to be thrown into hell. And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’ (Mark 9:43-48)
Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire. (Jude 1:7)
Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:11-15)
Do you worship God because you love him? Do you worship God fully focused or are you always distracted?
And Jesus said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” (Matthew 22:37)
The greatest thing in your love for God is that you worship him. Don’t worship the Lord God the sake of it but do with full involvement of your heart, soul and mind. Here are a few tips to worship God with your heart, soul and mind:
1) Have faith in God
Trying to worship God without believing in Him is completely illogical. And this won’t please God even one bit.
- But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works. (Psalm 73:28)
- And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. (Hebrews 11:6)
2) Repent of all your sins to let your prayers be heard
God is holy and does not desire his worshippers to cling to sin. Repent and ask God for his forgiveness and be determined to do His will.
- We know that God does not listen to sinners, but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does his will, God listens to him. (John 9:31)
- Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. (James 4:8)
3) Forgive everyone because its God’s will
Don’t cling to unforgiveness so that you live as per the will of God. Make it point to fully forgive each and everyone who sinned against you. Also, forgive yourself.
- And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”(Mark 11:25)
- Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. (Colossians 3:12-13)
4) Always love the Lord God
Without love towards God, your worship of God is in vain. Love God in all sincerity when you pray to Him.
- If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. (1 Corinthians 13:2)
- Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. (1 Corinthians 13:8)
5) Focus on the Lord God
Meditate on the goodness of the Lord. By focusing on the Word of God and speaking it in heart and mind you will be more attuned to the things of the Lord by the Holy Spirit. Even if distractions come, rebuke and reject them in the name of Jesus and continue to worship God.
- I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. (Psalm 119:15)
- But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. (Galatians 5:16-17)
There are some people who covet things of others during hard times. Some covet during easy times. While some people, covet all the time. No matter what time anyone covets, it will only be a bad thing to do. Read on to know why.
What does it mean to covet?
Some of you reading this might not be aware of the meaning of the word ‘covet’. So let’s see that is the definition of this which I have taken reference from dictionary.com
- inordinately or wrongly desirous of wealth or possessions; greedy.
- eagerly desirous.
By the definition of what it is to be covetous, you’ll notice it’ about having a wrong desire towards having something that belongs to another.
The Bible condemns covetousness in all its forms.
Such wrong desires are already denounced by the Bible and here’s a verse about covetousness:
“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor’s.” (Exodus 20:17)
So you must be vary of covetousness each time. Don’t give any excuses about this. Ever!
Is it wrong to desire anything?
Now it’s not wrong to want to eat good food, earn a good salary, and even have a good spouse. In fact, you can pray to God about these things and wait upon him to grace you with a miracle for all your needs. This is true when you are not stealing from anyone nor taking away things from anyone by trickery or deceit.
What are the consequences of wrong or covetous desires?
What is wrong is having a desire to want something that belongs to another. Because such evil desires can lead to even bigger sins. The following verses confirm this:
- So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate, and she also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate. (Genesis 3:6)
- Do not love the world or the things in the world. If any one loves the world, love for the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the pride of life, is not of the Father but is of the world.And the world passes away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides for ever. (1 John 2:15-17)
- Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted with evil and he himself tempts no one; but each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin; and sin when it is full-grown brings forth death. (James: 13-15)
From this we can understand:
- Covetousness itself is a sin.
- Covetousness is not from God.
- Covetousness can lead to bigger sins.
- And all sin leads to death.
If you have lived a life of covetousness, please repent of it unto the Lord Jesus Christ. Confess this and each sin unto to the Lord God and ask for his forgiveness. The benefits are yours to accept when you choose to repent and believe in the Gospel; eternal life and friendship with God in Jesus Christ.
Christ be with you!
Whenever faced with anxiety remember you have the Lord God who can help you cope up and overcome anxiety. What you need to do is simply read the Bible verses for anxiety and cast your worries unto Jesus because he cares for you. Please do read it with your heart and not just your mind. You can read it aloud either in your mind or vocally but make sure that you believe each verse about dealing with anxiety.
I do hope you read the below verses for anxiety and overcome it all by the word of your testimony in Jesus. And may the Holy Spirit be with you in this great step you take towards no longer being down with anxiety. Here are the verses:
- There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. (1 John 4:18)
- But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.” (1 Peter 3:14)
- For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid but gives us power, love, and self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- Say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you.” (Isaiah 35:4)
- But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:31)
- So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
- “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.” (John 14:1)
- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)
- Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. (Luke 12:22 )
- I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. (Psalm 34:4)
- When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy. (Psalm 94:19)
- The LORD will vindicate me; your love, LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands. (Psalm 138:8)
- For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- “But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” (Jeremiah 17:7-8)
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)
O believer in Jesus Christ, just before you pray the prayer of restoration please take out a moment to build your faith. You can easily build it by reading and believing in the below Bible verses about restoration. Read it aloud verbally but if that’s not possible at all, at least read it in your mind. And then say the prayer mentioned after those verses and see the difference for the better!
Bible verses about restoration
1.) Those who sow in tears will reap with shouts of joy. (Psalm 126:5)
2.) Instead of your shame, there shall be a double portion; instead of dishonor they shall rejoice in their lot; therefore in their land they shall possess a double portion; they shall have everlasting joy. (Isaiah 61:7)
3.) I will restore the fortunes of my people Israel, and they shall rebuild the ruined cities and inhabit them; they shall plant vineyards and drink their wine, and they shall make gardens and eat their fruit. (Amos 9:14. This same Lord your God is capable of restoring of you as well!)
4.) But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31. Be willing to wait on the Lord’s victory to flow through your life!)
5.) Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. (Mark 11:24)
6.) Repent, therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out, that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus, whom heaven must receive until the time for restoring all the things about which God spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets long ago. (Acts 3:19-21)
7.) And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. (Galatians 6:9)
Prayer for restoration:
O Lord Jesus Christ, I bless your Holy Name and give glory and praise to your Father God Almighty. Sanctify me by the Holy Spirit that the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart are made pure and acceptable to you. I repent of each and every wrongdoing and I forgive all those who have sinned against me.
O Lord please restore my spirit to the full joy of salvation in you. Please renew my mind as I dwell on your Holy Word to counsel me. O Good Jesus in your mercy save me from all the evil that has been in my life so that I praise you in the land of the living. Never allow the evil one succeed against me as I know and believe that you are greater than all the creation in hell, heaven, and earth
Heal my body from all the damage it has suffered over the years, so that I am made whole once again, like how you healed Naaman the Syrian of his leprosy, that his skin became as good as that of a child. I ask you that you help me get back all I lost all through my life so that my fortunes are revived and my restoration is complete.
O Holy Spirit, you who lead us in all truth, work in the lives of my family, friends, and colleagues. That they are lead by you into doing the things that are right, just, and holy. Bring to them financial restoration, and healing of mind, body, soul, and spirit. Make them truly happy in the joy that you bring.
I ask all this, in the name of Jesus Christ the Son of the One True living God. Amen
Live again, live free!
For God’s glory ever be.
Live again, live worthily!
For God’s honour ever readily.
Live again, live pure!
And for God’s mercy be sure.
Live again, live strong!
And for God’s sake avoid all wrong.
Live again for the Lord Most Holy!
And be kind towards those lowly.
Live again for the Lord Most High!
And be wise in each thought and reply.
Live again for the Lord Jesus Christ!
And crucify the flesh which can entice.
Live again for the Spirit of God!
And reject all things evil and odd.
14 Bible verses about God’s mercy towards us :-
- “The Lord, the Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abounding in goodness and truth, keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin …” (Exodus 34:6-7)
- “Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments …” (Deuteronomy 7:9)
- “With the merciful You will show Yourself merciful …” (2 Samuel 22:26)
- “All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth, to such as keep His covenant and His testimonies.” (Psalm 25:10)
- “But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth.” (Psalm 86:15)
- “Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne; mercy and truth go before Your face.” (Psalm 89:14)
- “The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy. The Lord is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works.” (Psalm 145:8-9)
- “Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.” (Lamentations 3:22-23)
- “Who is a God like You, pardoning iniquity and passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, because He delights in mercy. He will again have compassion on us, and will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea.” (Micah 7:18-19)
- “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)
- “But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved) …” (Ephesians 2:4-5)
- “And Jesus, when He came out, saw a great multitude and was moved with compassion for them, because they were like sheep not having a shepherd. So He began to teach them many things.” (Mark 6:34)
- “Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.” (Hebrews 2:17-18)
- “Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” (Hebrews 4:14-16)
Practice the true Gospel that you’ve heard,
Because avoiding it would be all absurd.
Know O believer you are called to action,
Called to do good works to God’s satisfaction.
Practice your faith for the Lord God alone,
Because false pretenses he doesn’t condone.
Do it because you love God’s Son,
For by Jesus against the darkness you’ve won.
Practice your faith because its a work that’s good,
Doesn’t matter if no one else has understood.
Walk never in things of the flesh,
But in hope in Christ for your soul to refresh.
God’s children are called to be wise,
To have prudent minds and eyes.
That they be on guard against deception,
And be aware against vain perception.
Be on guard from start to end,
Against each wicked and false friend.
Make no friends with any one untrue,
Lest trouble and heart break you accrue.
If friends already with an evil one,
Then from that union away you run.
Its better from a bad friendship to get off,
Before others use that as a chance to scoff.