A real photo of a family at Guangzhou Airport, showing the fear prevalent in much of China today.
Do you ever the things of life discern?
Or is it for you less of a concern?
The wise their decisions review,
And folly they don’t pursue.
Think before anywhere you’d venture,
Lest you get into a misadventure.
A child of God must always discern,
So that righteousness is of utmost concern.
Many have departed from the Holy path,
Choosing lust and so earning God’s wrath.
Others have ran after ungodly treasure,
And then lost their faith’s measure.
Those who don’t pay attention to grow,
May not realize into what they sow.
So be wised, attentive and clear,
And to holiness and prudence adhere.
To God’s Divine and Holy Word your heart you fully apply,
And pray that God’s Spirit is poured on you from on high.
Be transformed by the renewing of your mind,
Unto God’s will leave no effort behind.
By the Holy Spirit bear fruits that are good,
That you be peaceful and without falsehood.
When you believe the Lord is your defense,
Then in your soul be without pretense.
Don’t fear demons nor any man,
When you have faith in God’s plan.
Dare to be holy in a world that’s profane,
That by God’s Spirit in life you reign.
O Lord God you are the creator of earth and heaven. There is no one as great and powerful as you. You are my healer and deliverer. For the sake of your Holy name and your Son Jesus heal and deliver those who I pray for now who are affected by the Corona Virus. Let your grace shine forth upon these who are suffering that they recover and escape death from this virus. Break the chains of their bondage to the virus and strengthen their immune systems. Please cause all those who are treating them to be blessed with the energy and focus that they need in such difficult situations. Let all this be that they see the goodness of you O Lord in the land of the living, so that they praise and glorify you for evermore. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ the savior of the world. Amen.
Note: This prayer can be said for anyone who you wish to recover from the Corona Virus (Covid 19). You don’t need to be physically present with the infected person when praying this out. Please take due diligence when interacting face to face with anyone already infected as per your state or government medical mandates or laws.
- Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you…” ~ Exodus 23:25
- Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.” ~ 3 John 1:2
In God’s will work hard and work well,
Don’t be ever under a lazy spell,
For God’s plan to do you are called,
Let nothing therefore get you stalled.
There are those when attempting good works fail,
Because in discipline they don’t set sail.
These depend solely on their power and will,
But don’t ask God to increase their faith and skill.
Grow in the Word of God and in prayer,
And the humble yoke of Christ you bear.
That for the Lord’s will you are well prepared,
Lest in the world’s cares and worries you get ensnared.
Some people give credit only to themselves when they become wealthy or rich. They even disown their mentors and even their parents and friends who may have helped them on their way up. But the worst thing they ever do is to forget the Lord God who gave them the power to get wealth. These are the ones who will claim they did it all and speak rudely to others who are poor or let me just say less wealthier than them.
No matter how much hard work one has put in becoming rich, it does not give anyone any right to disown the Lord God because of that. Nor it is good behavior to insult all those people God sent in your life to help you become the great person you became. Such behavior in not consistent with Christian living and must be avoided at each and every stage of life. Because whosoever had pride in his or her wealth, such a person sets himself or herself before the same Lord who gives them wealth.
Verses for reflection:
- Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before stumbling. (Proverbs 16:18)
- But you shall remember the LORD your God: for it is he that gives you power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he swore unto your fathers, as it is this day. (Deuteronomy 8:18)
- The LORD makes poor, and makes rich: he brings low, and lifts up. (1 Samuel 2:7)
- And Amaziah said to the man of God, “But what shall we do about the hundred talents that I have given to the army of Israel?” The man of God answered, “The LORD is able to give you much more than this.” (2 Chronicles 25:9)
- The blessing of the LORD makes rich, and he adds no sorrow with it. (Proverbs 10:22)
When the Lord speaks through a person, what they say will be backed up by scripture. But also, when the enemy speaks, he will use misapplied scripture to defend his poison. How will you distinguish? If you’re relying on your intellectual knowledge of scripture to distinguish, be careful, you’re up against the one “more crafty than the rest.” The truth is that you must know the voice of the Lord. If you don’t, you’ll believe the misapplied scripture of the enemy’s agent before you believe the Lord’s servant!
A Prayer Request from a Wuhan Pastor:
* Peace be upon you. At this time the virus has been at the center of our thoughts and lives. We are always watching the latest news, and thinking about how our family and the church should face this.
* As for my family, I have gathered masks and food and have ventured outside as little as possible. When venturing out in public I have worn a mask, but as for the rest, I place my life in the Lord’s hands.
* As for the church, we are all part of a great struggle. We are facing a severe test of our faith, and we feel that Christians in our city are not only called to suffer with the people, but we have been called to pray for those who are fearful, and to introduce them to the peace of Christ.
* Please pray for the peace of Christ to rule and reign in our hearts, so that we may be a witness to those who are without hope.
* Pray that through this hardship, God’s children will grow nearer to the Almighty, and that the Lord will use it to purify our souls and give us many opportunities to proclaim the gospel.
* Brothers and sisters, I encourage you to be strong in Christ’s love. Even a sparrow cannot fall to the ground apart from the will of the Father. With so many millions facing this pestilence, can it be outside God’s will? In all that we are experiencing, is it any worse than what Abraham faced in Sodom, and Jonah faced in Nineveh? If God withheld judgment on Sodom because of one righteous man, or because of 120,000 who didn’t know their left hand from their right, withheld destruction from Nineveh, what of the city of Wuhan where we live? We are part of many thousands of righteous believers who live in this city, made righteous by the Blood of Jesus Christ.
* Please pray for God’s mercy upon Wuhan, and ask Him to bring peace upon our city, province and all of China at this time.
* Please intercede, asking our wonderful Savior to bring peace and healing to those who are afflicted with the illness, to provide supernatural strength and protection for the medical personnel struggling on the front lines, and to bless every official at every level, who are working to help the people of Wuhan!
* Please do not be concerned with my welfare, nor be agitated or fearful, but pray in the Name of Jesus. Many people are courageously serving our city, especially the medical personnel who are risking their lives. If they can take on such worldly responsibilities, how can the Body of Christ not more readily take on spiritual responsibilities!
* Please ask the Lord to use this pestilence for His glory, so that when it is over, there will be many more souls born-again into the kingdom of God than have perished.
Some more helpful links about the Coronavirus and the Church in Hubei Province:
* See our stats and a map showing the Christian population of Hubei Province.
* This site tracks the latest figures showing the spread of the virus in China and around the world. It is updated many times each day. As you can see from the graph at the bottom right of the page, the virus appears far from having reached its peak, and the number of deaths is rapidly increasing daily.
* Read how churches in Hubei Province are meeting together online during this plague, and one pastor encourages us to realize this is a fierce spiritual battle in China, and not just a physical one.
God bless the people of Wuhan and China!