Practice the true Gospel that you’ve heard,
Because avoiding it would be all absurd.
Know O believer you are called to action,
Called to do good works to God’s satisfaction.
Practice your faith for the Lord God alone,
Because false pretenses he doesn’t condone.
Do it because you love God’s Son,
For by Jesus against the darkness you’ve won.
Practice your faith because its a work that’s good,
Doesn’t matter if no one else has understood.
Walk never in things of the flesh,
But in hope in Christ for your soul to refresh.
On his way to Jerusalem in his ministry actually,
Jesus passed by the border between Samaria and Galilee.
There he met some lepers numbering ten,
In that village he healed them, amen!
They called Jesus from a distance afar,
Hoping to be healed of each leprous scar.
“Jesus, master, have pity on us!”
In their misery they called out to Him thus.
Upon Christ’s word to their priest they all went,
As they walked they got healed with no lament.
One of those cleansed did greatly rejoice,
And came back praising God in a loud voice.
He was the only one of the ten lepers who returned,
To give thanks to the Lord as Jesus had discerned.
The Lord Jesus questioned this Samaritan who became fine,
As to where were all the other nine?
For the Lord Jesus heals because he is faithful,
And expects those healed to be grateful.
Remember Jesus to the Leper did solemnly tell,
“Rise and go: your faith had made you well.”
Bible reference : Gospel of St Luke 17:1-19
- Matthew 22:14 – For many are called, but few are chosen.
- Matthew 24:24 – For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible.
- 2 Peter 1:10 – Therefore, brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you practice these things you will never stumble.
- Revelation 17:14 – They will make war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will triumph over them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and He will be accompanied by His called and chosen and faithful ones.”
- 14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. (James 2:14-17)
- 18 But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder! 20 Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works; 23 and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God. 24 You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone. 25 And in the same way was not also Rahab the prostitute justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way? 26 For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead. (James 2:18-26)
- Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. (Hebrews 10:23-25)
- But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. (Galatians 5:16-17)
Fear not for the Lord is risen,
Move out of any doubt filled prison.
Remember his Holy Word, remember his miracles,
And also his resurrection prophesied by God’s oracles.
Fear not for the Lord is risen,
Walk in faith in the Great Commission.
Jesus Christ is the Lord’s name,
By his grace the Gospel you proclaim.
Fear not for God has defeated death,
When to his son Jesus he again gave breath.
Those who believe will share in the first resurrection,
And get to walk in the new Jerusalem; all perfection.
Fear not any trouble nor any persecution,
For in Christ you have victory and absolution.
Stay away from sin, idleness and unbelief,
Guard you faith from each deceptive thief.
Fear not for your reward is great,
As for the Lord your heart does elate.
Hold on to the hope of Christ’s resurrection,
And stay put in your walk in God’s direction.